The world of startups is an ecosystem that evolves every day and crores of business is generated every day. In this article, I will be walking you through an overview of the ecosystem in the past week. I will be covering the following:
- Funding, Partnerships, and Acquisitions
- Operational updates
- Hiring/Layoff alerts
- New startups that you may be interested in
Let’s begin with the first and most important aspect of the ecosystem:
Funding, Partnerships, and Acquisitions:
- Unacademy, an EduTech company has acquired PrepLadder, a company that was concentrating on helping aspiring doctors for $ 50 M
- Freshworks, a software products company has acquired Flint, a cloud management company.
- Cars24 financial services Pvt. Ltd a subsidiary of Cars24 has raised Rs. 10 Crore from Vivriti Capital, a Chennai based financial services company.
- Radiohead Brands – Jimmy’s Cocktails, a food, and beverages company has raised Rs. 350K in a round led by Ekcle Ventures & Ekcle Advisory Services LLP
- Gobbly, the contactless retail store has raised $500k from Sauce.vc, a Mumbai based early-stage consumer VC fund
- Aye Finance Pvt. Ltd has raised its 2nd round of funding in 2 weeks. This time from invest in the vision
- Zolo Stays has raised $56 M from INVESTCORP and others
- PiggyRide, a travel, and parent-friendly organization has been able to raise Rs. 14Cr from JAFCO Asia
- Securden, Inc, privileged access solutions firm has raised $1.2 M from Accel and others
- Blue Sky Analytics, a green-Startup has raised $1.2 M from BEENEXT PTE. LTD, Singapore.
- Zomentum has raised $4.1 M from Accel and SAIF Partners
- JetSynthesys Pvt. Ltd. was able to raise Rs. 300 Cr from various Angels
- Flipkart, a Unicorn eCom business from India has invested Rs. 260 Cr in @Arvind youth brand, a subsidiary of the Arvind groups.
- Specsmakers, a chain of optical retail chains has raised Rs. 23 Cr from Eight Roads, a London based Venture Capital
- GigIndia, an on-demand work completion company, has raised Rs. 7.3 Cr in a round led by Incubate Fund, a Japanese Venture Capital.
Operational updates in the startup ecosystem:
- OYO to concentrate on the European, Southeast Asian and Indian markets to accelerate sales post-COVID scare
- UP startup policy is aiming towards establishing 100 incubation centres and creating an ecosystem of 10,000 startups in the state
- Sense Biodetection Ltd, a UK based diagnostic organization is now in India!
A few startups to watch out this week:
- RunAdam (A company that MS Dhoni has invested in), Sports startup that is helping nurture young talents in sports.
- Brainwired (Drakon Innovations Pvt ltd), a startup that is leveraging technology to keep livestock healthy
- LeadInvent Pharma Inc., a startup that is trying to use nanotechnology to increase the life span of brain cancer patients.
- Bombay Hemp Company Private Limited is working on a new way of manufacturing textile and lifestyle products using hemp and cannabis plants
- 5C Network, a startup that uses AI and ML to quicken the process of radiology
- HostBooks, Inc.a new way of accounting and invoicing for your businesses.
- MicroGO, a biotechnology startup that is inventing new methods to stay safe
- Pickrr, a virtual logistics company reinventing the logistics space.
- WinVista, a startup that helps Indians buy international stocks is growing steadily.
- Society for Space Education Research and Development (SSERD), an energetic and ambitious team on their mission to create wonders in the space industry.
Let us know your thoughts below in the comments section.